Explore the spectacular landscape of cultural Hardanger in a day with waterfalls, fjords, cider and sauna. The scenic route is filled with hidden gems of Hardanger, while driving through the landscape in our high class busses.
Our experienced locals from Trolltunga Adventures will guide you through fjords, waterfalls, fjord baths and sauna, cider tasting with the renowned “Hardangergutane”, local produced lunch at “Tessas Applefarm” and top it of with a panoramic view up the popular “Kråkestien”.
The tour is tailor-made with scenery you could only dream of. Trolltunga Adventures and Fjordrive wish you all welcome to join us in Hardanger for a day!
1. The tour starts by bus at The Tourist Information in Bergen, before we head towards Norheimsund and one of Norway's most visited waterfalls, Steinsdalsfossen. This is where we officially enter Hardanger. Steinsdalsfossen is well known for the possibility of going under the waterfall without being wet. Steinsdalsfossen has a drop of 50 meters, but up close it looks like so much more because of how close you can see it's natural powers. This is the perfect spot to take some photos! Then we drive on towards Tørrvikbygd to take the beautiful ferry ride across the Hardangerfjord to Jondal.
2. After the 30 minute ferry ride, we stop at perhaps the biggest gem only locals know of in Hardanger, a secret waterfall. Here we’ll have an authentic Norwegian lunch outdoors where you will get firsthand experience and an outstanding view of the valley and lake surrounding the waterfall. A definite highlight in this tour!
3. After lunch we’ll drive along the narrow Sørfjorden to Børve were you’ll get ready for the best Hardanger has to offer, cider. The people of Hardanger have been growing fruit since the 1300th century, and are famous for their local cider. Surrounded by fjords, glaciers and steep mountains, we arrive at the farm belonging to “Hardangergutane” in “Sørfjorden”. The two brothers from “Børve '' make their apple juice and apple cider from local premium apples, made in real Hardanger style. Get a taste of Hardanger, and try different types of juices and ciders with the Hardanger boys.
4. After some cider tasting nothing is more suited than a proper fjord bath in the Hardangerfjord. At this stop you will have the option to try the amazing panoramic sauna “Heit Sauna” in Sørfjorden, which is a part of Hardangerfjord. After a fresh fjord bath - sitting in a hot sauna is a healthy restart for both body and soul. Enjoy the warmth of the wood-burning stove, while you feel your shoulders drop and your body fills with peace.
High quality minibus with capacity of max 20 persons.
It is also possible to book the car only for your family or group. Prices upon request.
6. After regaining some energy from the local provisions, we drive further on to another highlight in the scenic route. Here we will get our pulse going, with a small hike up “Kråkestien” to see a spectacular panoramic view of the fjord and “Lofthus” area. You don't have to go all the way up, if you just want to relax and enjoy the view of endless appletrees and the Lofthus fjord. This stop is the perfect way to end this scenery filled tour, leaving you with great memories and breathtaking experiences.
On our way back to Bergen, we will take the ferry through the Hardangerfjord. The drive from here will cross the well known Hardanger hanging bridge. “Hardangerbroen” was made in 2013 and is the 10th longest hanging bridge in the world and Norway’s largest. In addition, we also drive through the city of Voss before we return to the Tourist Information in Bergen.
What to bring
Snacks for the busride
Swimwear (if you want to try out the sauna/fjordbath)
Good walking/hiking shoes
Please inform us when booking if you have any food allergies or special dietary requitrements.
Departure by mini bus from the Tourist information in Bergen
Arrival Steinsdalsfossen waterfall
Ferry from Tørvikbygd
Lunsj in Odda
Cidertasting with Hardangergutane and Heit Sauna
Tessas Applefarm tour and food tasting
Kråkestien panoramic view
Arrival Tourist Information in Bergen
The ferry, lunch and cider tasting is included.
This trip includes
English speaking guide and driver
Round trip from Bergen by minibus
Ferry ride, cider tasting and lunch